Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten Registration
Kindergarten: YOUR CHILD MUST BE 5 YEARS OLD ON OR BEFORE September 1, 2014
Transitional Kindergarten*: YOUR CHILD TURNS 5 YEARS OLD AFTER September 1, 2014 and on or before December 2, 2014
REGISTRATION FOR LAKE TAHOE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT IS BEING HELD
May 5 through May 9, 2014 AT ALL ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
To be eligible for enrollment a child must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2014. If your child was born after September 1, 2014 and will be five years of age on or before December 2, 2014, they qualify for transitional kindergarten (*a two year Kindergarten program).
California Law requires that:
1. You bring child's birth certificate;
2. You bring proof of immunizations, which includes the Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B and for most children - the last booster shot. Children will not be enrolled in school without presenting an up-to-date immunization record.
3. Your child has a health examination upon entry to school [schedule with your family Physician]
4. Your child has an oral health examination upon entry to school (dental examinations that have occurred in the last 12 months meet this requirement)
5. You bring proof of California residency.
PLEASE CALL YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
FOR AN APPOINTMENT TO PRE-REGISTER.
Bijou Community School 543-2337
Sierra House Elementary 543-2327
Tahoe Valley Elementary 543-2350